Parental Involvement in Education
The Board believes that parent involvement is an important part of the educational program. Current research indicates that a home-school partnership and greater involvement on the part of parents in the education of their children generally result in higher achievement scores, improved student behavior and reduced absenteeism. All parents are encouraged to take an active role in the education of their children.
The Board directs the administration to develop the necessary regulations to ensure that this policy is followed and that parent involvement is encouraged.
- Encourage strong home-school partnerships
- Provide for consistent and effective communication between the parents and school officials
- Offer parents ways to assist and encourage their children to do their best
- Offer ways parents can support classroom learning activities
- Provide opportunities for parents in the parental involvement program